Our host church is allowing performances in the fall of 2021 provided that we adhere to CDC guidelines. Those guidelines may change, and our protocols may evolve with them. Here are the precautions we will observe:
- Old Sloop Presents requires all attendees to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative PCR, antigen or rapid test within 72 hours of arrival at the concert. All of our performers and volunteers have been vaccinated.
- Masks are required for all attendees. All of our volunteers will be masked, and performers will be masked when they are not on stage.
- If you don’t feel well or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19, PLEASE DON’T COME! We will gladly refund your ticket purchase. Any of our volunteers who don’t feel well or think they have been exposed will also stay away.
- Attendance for the fall 2021 performances will limited to 100. Performances will be in the sanctuary, which is much larger than Fellowship Hall and provides plenty of space for attendees to distance. Windows will be open to enhance air circulation. Every other pew in the rear of the sanctuary will be blocked off so that attendees seated at the rear will be six feet from attendees seated in front of them or behind. Attendees seated in each those pews will also be asked to sit in “pods” that are six feet distant from the next pod in their pew.
- There will be no openers and one long set, so there will be no intermission and no food or drink. This limits the time that attendees spend in the building and eliminates the opportunity to congregate at intermission. We expect intermissions and coffee and tea and our famed homemade desserts to return in 2022.
- Only one person should be in each bathroom at a time. Signage will show how to know that the bathroom is empty and where to wait if it is not.
- The entire space will be cleaned and sanitized before each performance. High-touch surfaces (door handle, railings, and bathrooms) will be cleaned and sanitized just before the doors open.